When it comes to pregnancy tasks, deciding on your baby’s name is one of the most important decisions you will make. It all sounds exciting, until you delve in to the plethora of names out there and it becomes totally overwhelming. Knowing the gender of your baby definately halves the enormity of the task but there are still several 1000’s of options out there from trendy names to traditional names to original names. Here are 10 baby girls’ names that you may never have even thought about.
We have come up with some brilliant, quirky and unusual baby girl names that we think will appear more and more in 2015.
- Violet – Naming your gorgeous new baby girl after a flower has been popular since the turn of the century. They are making a comeback and now names such as Violet, Rose, Lily & Poppy are amongst the top trendy girls names in 2014 with Ben Affleck’s daughter taking the lead named Violet and Scarlett Johansson naming her daughter, Rose.
- Siri – Tech inspired baby names have crept on to the baby name scene over the past few years. With Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter) and Siri (Tom Cruise’s daughter) trail blazing the way. We think Siri has a certain “coolness to it” so it is on our top 10 list.
- Bunny – Burst in to the limelight this year thanks to Katie Price, who famously names her children with fairly unique names. Although this time, we like her choice of name for her gorgeous new addition. We think Bunny will increase in popularity in 2015.
- Wyatt – Ok, we are not 100% sold on this name but it certainly is unique for a gorgeous new baby girl to be called Wyatt! She has her famous parents Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis to thank for the name that she may come to love or hate! Either way we are unsure as to whether this name will catch on in 2015 but we still think it is worthy of being on our “unusual baby girl names” list
- Blue – Colours are starting to appear as baby names. We think Blue is up there with the more unusual baby boys names out there. Beyonce and Jay-Z named their daughter Blue!
- India – Right, lets get out the map! Exotic countries and places can make great baby names and have been popular for years. Chris Hemsworth and his wife Elsa have named their firstborn India, after the country they love.
- North – The trend of naming your child after a point on a compass has started!!!! Kanye West and Kim Kardasian have named their first and only daughter North West! North may be on the way to becoming mainstream in 2014 however make sure your surname isn’t East, South or West before choosing it.
- Aurora – Babies are beautiful and precious so why not look to the heavens for as baby name. Aurora is the roman goddess of the sunrise and is used by ex playboy bunny Holly Madison. We think that names inspired by the solar system will be on the rise in 2015.
- Sunday – Days of the week have appeared in the baby name world! Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban and Mike Myers and his wife Kelly Tisdale have both opted for their favourite day of the week for their daughter’s name. We like this name as it happens to be our favourite day of the week too!
- Winter – Summer has long been established as a baby name but other season inspired names are on the up. We like Winter and so did Gretchen Mol whose daughter carries the name.
If you like this article, you might like to see some of our other recent baby photography shoots:
Baby Photography from Helen Gannon at Gannon Studios
I absolutely love Baby Photography. I have photographed babies for years and have built a dedicated photo studio in Twickenham just outside London. I specialise in Maternity, Newborn and Older baby photographs. I have parents coming to the studio from all over London, Surrey and beyond. I capture beautiful images of babies and their families that are presented in beautiful frames, canvases and albums that will be treasured for years to come. My baby photographs have been featured in ‘Baby London’, one of the UK’s premier magazines for new parents. As a mother of two myself, I understand what all my mums are going through and believe that 90% of my job is being a baby whisperer and 10% photographer!
If you are looking for a photographer for your bump, newborn or older baby, I would love to have a chat about what images I can create for you. I am always available on my mobile which is 07810 004451 or email me direct at firstname.lastname@example.org