When it comes to pregnancy tasks, choosing your baby’s name is one of the most important decisions you will make. It all sounds fun, until you delve in to the plethora of names out there and it becomes totally overwhelming. Knowing the gender of your baby certainly halves the enormity of the task but there are still 1000’s of options out there from traditional names to trendy names to original names. Here are 10 baby boys names that you may never have even thought about.
We have come up with some brilliant and quirky, unusual baby boy names that we think will appear more and more in 2015.
- Bear – Ferocious animal names are not normally synonymous with a sweet cuddly bundle of love such as your newborn son, however, fierce animal names are starting to emerge with Alicia Silverstone and Kate Winslet, both naming their baby boys Bear. Names such as Bear, Fox and Wolf will start to rise in popularity over the next few years.
- Seven – naming your baby after a number is becoming a new trend when The Beckham’s called their baby daughter Harper Seven. American rapper Andre Benjamin’s son was named Seven. Now lets wait for the Eigths, Nine’s and baby Ten’s to appear.
- Sage – Spice and herby names such as Sage, Juniper and Cayenne have been around for a while but are on the rise in terms of popularity. Slyvester Stallone & Sasha Czack named their baby boy Sage.
- Galen – Names with a Greek origin are old favourites but new ones keep coming to the foreground in popularity fuelled by the ever-growing number of mythological fantasy films and books out there. Galen, meaning “calm” is one of our favourites.
- Blue – Colours are starting to appear as baby names. We think Blue is up there with the more unusual baby boys names out there. Beyonce and Jay-Z named their daughter Blue!
- Egypt – Exotic countries / places can make great baby names and have been popular for years. Alicia Keys son is called Egypt, Beckham’s son is Brooklyn to name but a few.
- North – The trend of naming your child after a point on a compass has started!!!! Despite Kanye West and Kim Kardasian having named their first and only daughter North West, we think North is a cool, unique name for a boy! North may be on the way to becoming mainstream in 2014 however make sure your surname isn’t East, South or West before choosing it.
- Rudolph – Being named after a red nosed Reindeer may not be everyone’s idea of cool but we think that Rudolph, meaning “famous wolf” is a bold, strong and unique name. Even the shorter version “Rudy” is still pretty cool!
- Milo – A strong, handsome name, shared by one of Mel Gibson’s son’s and Liv Tyler’s son. It is unique with a twist of cool and one your newborn baby boy will not be ashamed of when he is older.
- Apollo – Gwen Stefani named her son Apollo, which brought this name bursting on to the quirky name scene. Unusual and trendy, we think it will be one for 2015.
Gannon studios are a London newborn photography studio, specialising in maternity, newborn and baby photography www. gannonstudios.co.uk.
If you like this article, you might like to see some of our other recent baby photography shoots:
Top 10 unusual baby boys names from Helen Gannon at Gannon Studios
I absolutely love Baby Photography. I have photographed babies for years and have built a dedicated photo studio in Twickenham just outside London. I specialise in Maternity, Newborn and Older baby photographs. I have parents coming to the studio from all over London, Surrey and beyond. I capture beautiful images of babies and their families that are presented in beautiful frames, canvases and albums that will be treasured for years to come. My baby photographs have been featured in ‘Baby London’, one of the UK’s premier magazines for new parents. As a mother of two myself, I understand what all my mums are going through and believe that 90% of my job is being a baby whisperer and 10% photographer!
If you are looking for a photographer for your bump, newborn or older baby, I would love to have a chat about what images I can create for you. I am always available on my mobile which is 07810 004451 or email me direct at firstname.lastname@example.org